Search Ward MM
Accredited Clinical Pharmacist(s) - NSW NORTH COAST REGION
ACCREDITED CLINICAL PHARMACIST(S) - NSW NORTH COAST REGION
Make a Difference
Focused Professional Development Planning & Funding
Wonderful Team of Dedicated Pharmacists
Ward MM was founded by Clinical Pharmacist, Sue Ward, in 1997 as a medication review business servicing the aged care sector. Today Ward MM is the largest provider of clinical pharmacy services to aged care in Australia. Our highly qualified team of clinical pharmacists' care for over 35,000 (and growing!) elderly Australians, across 365 aged care homes.
Being the ‘guardians’ of safe and appropriate use of medications in the aged care facilities and homes we visit; providing a range of collaborative services including: education sessions, medication audits, clinical data insights and leading MAC meetings is what we do best. And, we want to do that as far and wide as we can in pursuit of our mission to improve the quality of people’s lives by eliminating medication related harm.
As we grow, we continually seek to operate as efficiently as possible, meaning more time spent in the homes for our pharmacists. We are seeking a part-time Accredited Clinical Pharmacist for the NSW North Coast region, to provide our range of services to homes in the following locations:
- Coffs Harbour
- South West Rocks
There is a flexibility about how a monthly schedule might look. The role is equivalent to 20 hours per week / 86.7 hours per month.
What you'll be doing...
- Delivering market leading medication management reviews to patients at aged care homes, in the community and to our GP partners;
- Conducting QUM services including: leading MAC meetings, presenting insights to facilities, facilitating education sessions, advising on policy and procedures, conducting audits, supporting facility accreditation;
- Participating in a Peer Review process to ensure review quality consistent with internal standards;
- Consistently delivering the Ward MM ethical service standards;
- Providing regular reporting to Regional Manager;
- Participating in team meetings and 121s with your Regional Manager focused on feedback, service delivery, personal and professional development.
- Maintaining and growing relationships with facilities and GPs;
- Acting on feedback from client liaison meetings;
- Advocating for WardMM within the industry;
- Working collaboratively with Head Office to improve operational efficiencies and explore new business opportunities.
Given the nature of the role travel is required! We will support your travel, meals and accommodation (where appropriate) within policy guidelines and a schedule that enables us to balance our service agreement commitments with your own commitments. KPIs are set to reflect the travel required to get to homes.
What we’re looking for
- A recognised undergraduate pharmacy degree or equivalent, commensurate with requirements for unconditional AHPRA registration as a pharmacist in Australia;
- Professional indemnity insurance policy that addresses parameters acceptable to Ward MM;
- Uninterrupted accreditation to perform medication management review services (per AACP or SHPA);
- Experience in the provision of HMR/RMMR services in Australia;
- Australian citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia;
- Appropriate police clearance;
- Basic proficiency in appropriate computing applications;
- 3 Years + Post-Qualified Experience;
- Excellent clinical skills;
- Commitment to your own ongoing professional development;
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills;
- Relationship building skills to be able to collaborate with internal and external business partners at all organisational levels;
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to haves
- Postgraduate tertiary qualifications in a pharmacy-related field, or other relevant field;
- Speciality practice certifications in geriatric pharmacy (BCGP), pharmacotherapy (BCPS) or other relevant area (e.g. certified diabetes educators);
- Experience in research and publication related to clinical therapeutics and related areas.
What we offer
- A tailored career development plan. You will be given opportunities to develop in your clinical areas of interest; your chosen career path will be underpinned by a focused professional development plan. Whatever your goals, our Clinical Excellence team are there to support you every step of the way.
- A great team of likeminded, hard-working people who are passionate about Ward MM’s mission and achieving the growth objectives of our company.
- Flexible working conditions. We’re about outputs not inputs. We have high trust in our people because we know they want what’s best for Ward MM too. We want you to love your work but respect that you also love your life outside of Ward MM!
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination.
- A progressive environment, with big goals that lead our space; one where everyone works collaboratively to bring our goals to life.
- We’re offering a competitive salary package and benefits, including: Superannuation, Incentives Program, a generous Professional Development Plan fund to support your plan (!) (scheme rules apply) and our monthly recognition scheme the ‘A’ Wards;
- A Well-being Program including: Family & Well-being Leave, Well-being Challenges and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
Check out the rest of our website to find out more about who we are and what we do: www.wardmm.com.au
If you think you’d thrive in a growing company like ours, then submit a covering letter setting out why you’d be perfect for the role, plus your resume directly to email@example.com.
We hope to talk to you soon!
If you would like to apply for Accredited Clinical Pharmacist(s) - NSW NORTH COAST REGION, please fill out the following form.