Search Ward MM
Regional Manager Queensland
Regional Manager - Accredited Pharmacist Queensland
Looking for the next step in your career? Looking for an opportunity to flex your outstanding management and organisational skills in a dynamic team?
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Regional Manager to be based in Queensland, leading a team of Clinical Pharmacists providing QUM and RMMR services in residential aged care.
We are not your typical corporate organisation. We offer flexible work/life balance, you will split your time between working from home and the facilities. You will manage your own schedule, make the role your own whilst making a difference. You will be provided support, training, and an intensive induction so that you can commence or continue your career within the aged care industry.
The Regional Manager is Ward MM's expert across their region in efficiencies, processes and service delivery. The Regional Manager ensures the smooth, on time and on target delivery of all existing and future Ward MM services whilst performing your own RMMR and QUM duties.
Reporting to the National Operations Manager, you will manage and lead the performance of our geographically spread clinical pharmacist team, with a strong emphasis on customer service and clinical outcomes. You will provide leadership, coaching and mentoring of the clinical pharmacist team to ensure high employee engagement and productivity levels. You will forge strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders regarding customer issues and optimisation of the service we provide to our customers.
As an experienced people leader, you will have an impactful role in the development and performance of your team. You will be part of a passionate and dedicated team who always put the needs of our customers first, in an industry where you can make a real difference. This varied role is dynamic and will ensure no two days are the same.
The Regional Manager has full accountability for the day-to-day delivery of clinical pharmacy services across Queensland. The role works closely alongside other members of the management team.
This role will see you empower, coach, develop and lead your team whilst encouraging a high performing team culture focused on patient outcomes and staff engagement.
- A recognised undergraduate pharmacy degree or equivalent, with current unconditional AHPRA registration as a pharmacist in Australia
- Professional indemnity insurance policy that addresses parameters acceptable to Ward MM
- Uninterrupted accreditation to perform medication management review services (per AACP or SHPA)
- Australian citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia
- Appropriate police clearance
- Basic proficiency in appropriate computing applications
- Excellent clinical skills
- Commitment to your own ongoing professional development
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Relationship building skills to be able to collaborate with internal and external business partners at all organisational levels
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to translate strategic goals into achievable operational plans
- Strong process and quality assurance experience
- A strong focus on the use of data in business performance measurement
- Effectively plan, establish and maintain a strong culture of excellence, innovation and quality improvement
- Ability to develop and implement professional development plans in collaboration with additional internal stakeholders
- A positive attitude to change
- A strong focus on leadership
- A commitment to providing the highest level of customer service and satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving; and
- A down to earth, team oriented and results focused work style
- Demonstrated people management experience where you lead by example and effectively manage people directly
- Extensive experience providing RMMRs, HMRs and QUMs
- Experience in building and motivating a high performing team
- Experience in working with, exceeding and driving key performance indicators
- Ability to build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated ability to bring people together to deliver outcomes in dynamic environments
What We Offer
- A tailored career development plan supported by a generous Professional Development fund. Our Clinical Excellence team which includes Dr Natalie Soulsby, Dr Jodie Hillen and our Executive Lead Kristin Michaels will be there to support you every step of the way.
- Flexible working conditions. We’re about outputs not inputs. We have high trust in our people because we know they want what is best for Ward MM too. We want you to love your work but respect that you also love your life outside of Ward MM!
- We’re offering a competitive salary package and benefits, including: Superannuation, Annual Leave, Personal Leave, Incentives Program, and our monthly recognition scheme
- A Well-being Program including: Family & Wellbeing Leave, Wellbeing Challenges, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Home allocation allowing you to develop rapport and ongoing relationships with your facilities
- We provide the tools necessary to do the job such as a laptop, dongle for internet access and access to AMH, Up to Date and eTG
- We love being social and have team events including face to face
- We have an intensive induction and onboarding program
Ward MM was founded by Clinical Pharmacist, Sue Ward, in 1997 as a medication review business servicing the aged care sector. Today Ward MM is one of the largest providers of specialist clinical pharmacy services to aged care in Australia. Our highly qualified team care for over 35,000 (and growing) elderly Australians, across 370 aged care homes. We have RMMR/QUM contracts with BUPA, Japara, Estia, Allity and Bolton Clarke amongst many others.
Being the ‘guardians’ of safe and appropriate use of medications in the aged care facilities and homes we visit; providing a range of collaborative services including education sessions, medication audits, clinical data insights and leading MAC meetings is what we do best. We are national with teams established in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria (covering Tasmania) and South Australia.
If you would like to apply for Regional Manager Queensland, please fill out the following form.