Search Ward MM
QUM Pharmacists Queensland
QUM Pharmacists Queensland
Quality Use of Medicines
Are you a Pharmacist looking to learn new skills? Would to you like to gain experience within the growing Aged Care industry? Are you interested in representing Ward MM by attending MAC meetings, facilitating education sessions either in person or virtually and completing audits?
If you are currently completing your accreditation or interested in completing your accreditation this is also a great way to gain exposure to the next step in your career. We are ready to provide support, training, and an extensive induction so that you can commence or continue your career within the aged care industry. We are not your typical corporate organisation.
For each facility that you are responsible for you will need to attend a MAC meeting, facilitate an education session and complete an audit every 3 months.
What does a Quality Use of Medicine Pharmacist at Ward MM do?
- Conduct QUM services including attending MAC meetings, conducting nurse/carer education and advising on medication use and storage.
- Meet the WardMM Ethical Approach to Services standard
- Maintain and grow relationships with facility staff and GPs
Given the nature of the role some travel is required. We aim to make our geographical ‘clusters’ as efficient as possible. We will pay for your travel, meals and accommodation within policy guidelines and a schedule that enables us to balance our service agreement commitments with your own personal and family commitments.
What we offer
- A great team of likeminded, hard-working people who are passionate about Ward MM’s mission and achieving the growth objectives of our company.
- Flexible working conditions. We’re about outputs not inputs. We have high trust in our people because we know they want what is best for Ward MM too. We want you to love your work but respect that you also love your life outside of Ward MM!
- We promote a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination.
- A progressive environment, with big goals that lead our space; one where everyone works collaboratively to bring our goals to life.
- Wellbeing Challenges and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Home allocation allowing you to develop rapport and ongoing relationships with your facilities
- We provide the tools necessary to do the job such as a laptop and dongle for internet access
- We love being social and have team events including face to face
- We have an extensive induction and onboarding program
- You will be actively supported by your Regional Manager and your team of Clinical Pharmacists either in person, over MS Teams or WhatsApp
What we look for...
- A recognised undergraduate pharmacy degree or equivalent, commensurate with requirements for ongoing unconditional AHPRA registration as a pharmacist in Australia
- Professional indemnity insurance policy that addresses parameters acceptable to Ward MM
- Australian citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia
- Appropriate police clearance and annual influenza / SARS-CoV-2 vaccination
- Basic proficiency in appropriate computing applications
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge of medicine storage and regulations
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Relationship building skills to be able to collaborate with internal and external business partners at all organisational levels
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills
- 1 Year + Post-Qualified experience
Nice to haves
- 3 Years + Post-Qualified experience
- Experience in providing services or supplies to aged care facilities
- Working towards your Accreditation
- Postgraduate tertiary qualifications in a pharmacy-related field, in training/education or other relevant field
- Speciality practice certifications in geriatric pharmacy (BCGP), pharmacotherapy (BCPS) or other relevant area (e.g. certified diabetes educators)
- Experience in research and publication related to clinical therapeutics and related area
Ward MM was founded by Clinical Pharmacist, Sue Ward, in 1997 as a medication review business servicing the aged care sector. Today Ward MM is one of the largest providers of specialist clinical pharmacy services to aged care in Australia. Our highly qualified team care for over 35,000 (and growing) elderly Australians, across 370 aged care homes. We have RMMR/QUM contracts with BUPA, Japara, Estia, Allity and Bolton Clarke amongst many others.
Being the ‘guardians’ of safe and appropriate use of medications in the aged care facilities and homes we visit; providing a range of collaborative services including education sessions, medication audits, clinical data insights and leading MAC meetings is what we do best. We are national with teams established in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria (covering Tasmania) and South Australia.
If you would like to apply for QUM Pharmacists Queensland, please fill out the following form.